Simple Pesto Egg Salad
A gluten free, super simple, high protein snack that's perfect as a dip, sandwich filling or cracker topper... I also may or may not have been known to eat a spoonful straight from the container when we have some in the fridge...
This isn't the prettiest of snacks, but it's so easy and delicious that I promise you won't be disappointed!
Struggle with getting your hard boiled eggs perfect? Let's be honest, nobody likes that weird grey tinge around the yolk... here's a little guide to the perfect boiled egg!
Makes 1 cup
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1/4 cup good quality smooth ricotta
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Peel and mash hard boiled eggs with a fork until chunky. You can make it smoother if you wish, but I like a bit of texture!
- Add pesto, ricotta, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Store in the fridge and use as a dip, topping, filling or on its own!