A gluten free, refined sugar free and dairy free version of everyone's favourite café go-to, without sacrificing any of that lovely softness. Best toasted, obviously (isn't it always?)!
3 medium bananas, very ripe and mashed
3 free range organic eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
3 tbs rice malt syrup
1 tsp baking soda mixed with 1 tbs lemon juice (it should froth)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups almond meal
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Combine bananas, eggs, coconut oil, rice malt syrup, baking soda/lemon juice mixture, vanilla and cinnamon.
3. Mix through almond meal and flaxseed until just combined.
4. Pour into a lined loaf tin and sprinkle walnuts over the top.
5. Bake for 45 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin before removing and slicing.