Thai Chicken Meatballs
Gluten free meatball solutions to get your week off to a healthy start! These also double up as a ripper lunch the next day, and are great cold as well. Almost every Thai recipe I come across has coriander in it (aka, devil herb), so this does not. You could add it, I guess, if you're in to that sort of thing. They are plenty Thai-tasting without it :-)
Makes approximately 15 meatballs.
- 500g diced chicken breast
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 thumb-sized nob of ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 large red chilli
- Zest and juice from half a lemon
- 1 tbs gluten free fish sauce
- 2 tbs oil of choice for frying (I used half sesame, half coconut)
Place all ingredients in a food processor (I used the Vitamix) and process until well combined. Depending on your blender, this might be easiest done in 2 batches. Roll mixture in the meatballs and put in the fridge for 20 minutes to set. Heat oil over medium-high heat and cook meatballs. Be careful not to over cook, as this will dry them out. You want them crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Serve with dipping sauce such as sweet chilli, or even mayo works well.