Apple & Cinnamon Slice
A tasty, easy, freezable snack to grab on the go. The oats help keep you feeling nice and full, so these make a great breakfast on the run, too!
- 2 small apples, boiled in 1/2 cup of water until soft & drained
- 8 medjool dates, soaked in boiling water for 10-15 minutes & drained
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 200g rolled oats
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 160ºC/320ºF. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Pulse dates in a food processor one at a time until they form a caramel. With the motor running, slowly add the apple until combined, then add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla, then set aside.
- Clean the food processor, then process the oats in the until they form a meal. Add cinnamon and baking powder.
- Mix together the two mixtures in a large bowl until well combined. Pour into prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool entirely in the tin. Slice and serve!