A gluten free, refined sugar free and dairy free version of everyone's favourite café go-to, without sacrificing any of that lovely softness. Best toasted, obviously (isn't it always?)!
- 3 medium bananas, very ripe and mashed
- 3 free range organic eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbs rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda mixed with 1 tbs lemon juice (it should froth)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Combine bananas, eggs, coconut oil, rice malt syrup, baking soda/lemon juice mixture, vanilla and cinnamon.
3. Mix through almond meal and flaxseed until just combined.
4. Pour into a lined loaf tin and sprinkle walnuts over the top.
5. Bake for 45 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin before removing and slicing.